This page collects a series of blogs relating to raising the awareness of Malware and strategies on how to combat it and more importantly how to avoid it.
Malware & Cyber Attacks 101
These articles define what Malware are Cyber Attacks are:
Guidance on Combating Malware
The following are specific guidace on how to avoid being caught out by malware and cyber attacks:
- Cyber Security during a Pandemic
- What is Cyber Warfare?
- Domain Typo Squatting
- Combating Social Engineering
- Malware as a Service
- What is Ransom Ware and How to Defend Against It
- Removing Malicious Apps from Android
- Email Tracking
- Securing your Smartphone/Mobile Device
- Open Redirects & Malware Installers
- Securing your Internet Router – A Pocket Guide
- The Surface, Dark and Deep Web – A Pocket Guide
- Precautions to Take with USB Devices
- Link Tracking in Popular Browsers
- Coinhive Takedown
- RDP Bug on Windows – Patch Now
- The Dangers to using Unsupported Devices and Software
- Thunderbolt Vulnerability
- WinRAR ACE Format Vulnerability
- Android Q Security and Privacy Updates
- Privacy and Security at the Microsoft Build 2019 Developers Conference
- Scams and Fraud 101.
We will also be providing guidance on a number of subjects in the future, for example:
- Strategies for avoiding malware attacks
- Distributed Denial of Service attacks
- Reducing your exposure to Online Threats
- Anti-Malware and Internet Security Software.